CEIMAR wants to be recognized as:
- An international reference in the science and technology of the marine environment, through excellence in teaching and research.
- A focal point in Europe of creativity, innovation and a generator of knowledge on the marine environment.
- An institution providing leadership in the "Science – Technology – Business" system, one which will contribute to the competitiveness of maritime industries and technology, and hence the sustainable economic development, of the territories where it is located.
- A public space for collaboration between universities, centers of professional training, and businesses, developing an integrated campus to strengthen continuous education over the course of the professional life of people active in sectors related to the sea.
- A national reference for public agencies with responsibilities for the sea, guiding and advising in the construction of sustainable management models, and capable of combining economic and social development with the preservation of natural resources.
- A standard for social, institutional, business and territorial integration, raising public awareness of the natural, historical and archaeological heritage of the sea and the importance of the oceans for humanity and our culture.
The mission of CEIMAR is to become an international reference campus for studies related to the marine environment. Its core aims are to develop an academic, innovative and entrepreneurial environment of the highest quality that promotes excellence in education, training and research in its areas of specialization, and to transfer all its knowledge, enthusiasm and activities to society. To this end, the impetus for this project has sprung from a fusion of the ambitions of its partners - leading international economic, institutional, research and education organizations associated with the sea.
- Excellence: Ensuring the highest possible quality in everything that the Campus does.
- Transfer: Increasing the value of knowledge generated, through education and research, and contributing to its application to the social and productive fabric of the world.
- Differentiation: Promoting a distinctive and unique project related to the sea.
- Sustainability: Advancing the harmonious development of the Campus and its activities from environmental, social and economic perspectives.
- Ethical and Social Commitment: Ethical and Social Creating an open social space shared by all those involved in the work of the Campus, where human values are transmitted, with guarantees of tolerance and mutual respect, equal opportunity, gender equality and the full integration of people with disabilities.
- Specialization: Strengthening the distinctive areas of excellence of the Campus.
- Cooperation: Developing teamwork for achieving the objectives of the Campus.
- Creativity: Generating new ideas in all aspects of marine science and technology.